If you love berries and getting your daily dose of protein in a smoothie as well, this recipe is for you!
With a blend of 2 popular berries, protein-rich silken tofu, and mineral-loaded banana it will keep you full for hours. It’s also packed with antioxidants (thanks to the blueberries) which fight both the visible and internal signs of aging.
The recipe is enough for 2 as well, so it’s great for sharing!
What You’ll Need:
- 1/4 cup of liquid of your choice e.g. water, milk, almond milk, apple juice, or orange juice
- 1 cup silken tofu (not to be confused with the tofu for stir-fries)
- 1 cup frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
Let’s Put It All Together!
1. Prepare the ingredients by cleaning the fruits and freezing them. There is a great tutorial on the best way to do that here.
3. Pour into 2 serving glasses. The recipe makes about a litre of smoothie, enough for 2 big servings filling enough for a full meal!
- The ingredients for this smoothie are perfectly suited for meal prepping and making portions ahead of time.
- To prepare for the week ahead, simply freeze the fruits on a tray and make several portions by bagging them afterwards and returning to freezer.
- Yogurt can be substituted for the tofu if preferred. The protein level will be similar, possibly higher.
- Can be made completely vegan if you use juice, almond milk, or soy milk for the liquid part.
- A high powered blender is recommended when using frozen fruit. If you don’t have one of these, check the manufacturer’s recommendations on how to process frozen fruit in the machine.